GSEs Announce Holiday Season Eviction Moratorium
December 10, 2018
There are some things turn up every December without fail: Burl Ives and Bing Crosby on the radio, “It’s a Wonderful Life” on television and the government-sponsored enterprises’ (GSEs) annual holiday season suspension of their eviction lock-out policy.
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae will enforce their holiday season eviction moratorium from Dec. 7 to Jan. 2. This action applies to all foreclosed, occupied homes owned by the GSEs; the moratorium will not affect other pre- or post-foreclosure activities.
"As we have done in past years, we are suspending evictions from Freddie Mac-owned homes to help provide families with a greater measure of certainty during the upcoming holiday season,” said Yvette Gilmore, Freddie Mac’s Vice President of Single-Family Servicer Performance Management.
"We believe it is important to extend the timeline of help for struggling borrowers during the holidays," said Jacob Williamson, Vice President of Single-Family Real Estate at Fannie Mae. "We encourage homeowners who may be struggling with their mortgage or facing possible foreclosure to reach out to Fannie Mae or your servicer to get help. We want to help pursue those options whenever possible."
FMJ Job Listings
- Chief Lending Officer - Members Trust of the Southwest FCU - Houston, TX
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Plano, TX - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Bilingual (Spanish) - Plano, TX - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Centre Park - Columbia, MD - Bank Of America - Columbia, MD
- Financial Center Lending Officer - 12 Mile/Halsted FC - Farmington Hills, MI - Bank Of America - Farmington Hills, MI
- Personal Banker II - Stonecrest (Charlotte area) - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC