Report: NAR Funnels $400K Into N.C. Congressional Race
April 15, 2019
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) is planning to spend more than $400,000 in television advertising to help a real estate broker win a Republican primary for a North Carolina congressional seat.
According to a Charlotte Observer report, NAR has bought television advertising time on the state’s local channels, and the advertisements are expected to run from this week through the May 14 Republican primary for the state’s 9th Congressional District. The advertisements, which have yet to air, are believed to be in support of real estate broker Leigh Brown, who is one of 10 candidates pursuing the Republican nomination. Brown has not previously held elected office and her campaign pushes her real estate background as a selling point for her candidacy.
“As one of the most bipartisan political action committees in the country, RPAC is solely focused on ensuring the issues that matter most to the housing industry remain a priority for America’s lawmakers,” said Wesley Shaw, a NAR spokesman. “That will be our continued focus as we work to send individuals to Congress who will stand up for homeownership and private property rights.”
The special 9th District election was called by the State Board of Elections after hearing evidence of absentee ballot fraud in the 2018 election.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter - Tulsa Federal Credit Union - Tulsa, OK
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I-Shelby - Fifth Third Bank - BRIGHTON, MI
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - GEORGETOWN, KY
- Financial Center Manager Associate - 222 South Riverside Plaza Chicago IL - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL
- CRA Loan Specialist - Fifth Third Bank - Southfield, MI
- Emerging Mortgage Loan Specialist - Fifth Third Bank - LOUISVILLE, KY