Massachusetts Single-Family Home Prices at March High
April 24, 2019
Single-family home prices in Massachusetts reached a new high for March, according to data released by The Warren Group.
Last month, the median single-family sale price in the state reached $377,000, a 6.2 percent year-over-year increase and an all-time high for the month of March. There were 3,667 single-family home sales recorded last month, up 0.6 percent from March 2018 when there were 3,647 transactions. Year-to-date, Massachusetts has recorded 9,716 single-family home sales with a median sale price of $370,000.
Also during March, there were 3,306 purchase mortgages for single-family homes, up 1.6 percent on a year-over-year basis. March purchase mortgages totaled $1.28 billion, a 5.5 percent increase from one year ago. Year-to-date, single-family homes have accounted for 8,749 purchase mortgages across Massachusetts totaling $3.35 billion.
“It’s not surprising to see the median single-family home price continue its upward trend,” The Warren Group Associate Publisher and Media Relations Director Cassidy Norton said. “Demand remains high and inventory low; it will be interesting to see if supply will be able to keep up with demand as more sellers begin to list their homes in the coming months.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Wealth Management Lending Officer - Mill Valley, CA - Bank Of America - Mill Valley, CA
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator E/P - Bank Of America - Melville, NY
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Chandler, AZ - Bank Of America - Chandler, AZ
- Financial Center Loan Officer - Wells - Bank Of America - Wells, ME
- Financial Center Loan Officer - Hooksett - Bank Of America - Hooksett, NH
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Kent, WA - Bank Of America - Kent, WA