NFIP Extended Through Sept. 30 Via Disaster Relief Bill
June 7, 2019
President Trump signed the $19 billion disaster relief bill that includes an extension of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) through Sept. 30, the end of the current fiscal year.
The bill was approved last month in a Senate floor vote and by voice vote in the House, but Reps. Thomas Massie (R-KY), Alex Mooney (R-WV) and John Rose (R-TN) raised objections to the House voice vote and demanded that measure gain approval by a recorded vote. The holds were put in place as the House was departing for a 10-day Memorial Day recess.
The bill, which runs more than 70 pages, allocates funds to states that were impacted by hurricanes, flooding, wildfires and earthquakes over the past year, as well as the hurricane-damaged sections of Puerto Rico–the island is also receiving $304 million in new Community Development Block Grant funding.
The President announced his signing of the bill on Twitter.
“Just signed Disaster Aid Bill to help Americans who have been hit by recent catastrophic storms,” he tweeted. “So important for our GREAT American farmers and ranchers. Help for GA, FL, IA, NE, NC, and CA. Puerto Rico should love President Trump. Without me, they would have been shut out!”
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Jackson,
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Savannah,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Morgan Hill,
- Loan Processor II (REMOTE) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,