NFIP Extended Through Sept. 30 Via Disaster Relief Bill
June 7, 2019
President Trump signed the $19 billion disaster relief bill that includes an extension of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) through Sept. 30, the end of the current fiscal year.
The bill was approved last month in a Senate floor vote and by voice vote in the House, but Reps. Thomas Massie (R-KY), Alex Mooney (R-WV) and John Rose (R-TN) raised objections to the House voice vote and demanded that measure gain approval by a recorded vote. The holds were put in place as the House was departing for a 10-day Memorial Day recess.
The bill, which runs more than 70 pages, allocates funds to states that were impacted by hurricanes, flooding, wildfires and earthquakes over the past year, as well as the hurricane-damaged sections of Puerto Rico–the island is also receiving $304 million in new Community Development Block Grant funding.
The President announced his signing of the bill on Twitter.
“Just signed Disaster Aid Bill to help Americans who have been hit by recent catastrophic storms,” he tweeted. “So important for our GREAT American farmers and ranchers. Help for GA, FL, IA, NE, NC, and CA. Puerto Rico should love President Trump. Without me, they would have been shut out!”
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - Cornelius, NC
- Retail Personal Banker- St Charles West - Fifth Third Bank - St Charles, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II- Sterling - Fifth Third Bank - STERLING HEIGHTS, IL
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Glenview, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Ft Wayne/Decatur - Fifth Third Bank - Fort Wayne, IN
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL