Senate Committee Takes Up GSE Reform
September 5, 2019
The Senate Banking Committee will put the question of the conservatorship of the government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) and federal housing policy in the spotlight with a hearing scheduled for Sept. 10 at 10:00 a.m.
The hearing, titled "Housing Finance Reform: Next Steps," will feature presentations by Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, and Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Mark Calabria.
The GSEs have been in federal conservatorship since September 2008.
In July, Calabria stated the Trump Administration would release its GSE reform proposal in either August or September–to date, the proposal has not been made public.
FMJ Job Listings
- Direct Channel Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Wilmington, OH
- Consumer Loan Credit Underwriting Manager - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL