Senate Committee Takes Up GSE Reform
September 5, 2019
The Senate Banking Committee will put the question of the conservatorship of the government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) and federal housing policy in the spotlight with a hearing scheduled for Sept. 10 at 10:00 a.m.
The hearing, titled "Housing Finance Reform: Next Steps," will feature presentations by Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, and Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Mark Calabria.
The GSEs have been in federal conservatorship since September 2008.
In July, Calabria stated the Trump Administration would release its GSE reform proposal in either August or September–to date, the proposal has not been made public.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Originator/Processor - WV Housing Development Fund - Charleston, WV
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Isabella Community Credit Union - Mt Pleasant, MI
- Vice President / Mortgage Loan Manager - Whitefish Credit Union - Whitefish, MT
- Counsel - Wyndham Destinations - Orlando, FL
- Senior Counsel Single-Family Real Estate Transactions - FREDDIE MAC - McLean, VA
- Membership Advantage RM II - Fifth Third Bank - OAK PARK, IL