NFIP Extended Into November
September 30, 2019
President Trump has signed a continuing resolution that extends the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) until Nov 21.
The program was set to expire today. Last week, the Senate voted 82-15 and the House voted 301-123 on the extension, which is the 13th consecutive temporary reprieve for the program.
National Association of Realtors (NAR) President John Smaby called on Congress to pass the NFIP Reauthorization Act, which includes a “five-year extension along with significant reforms to improve mapping, enhance mitigation and remove obstacles to private flood insurance. HR 3167 strikes a delicate balance between NFIP sustainability and affordability, and we urge both chambers of Congress to take up this legislation after its unanimous approval in the House Financial Services Committee.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Chief Lending Officer - Members Trust of the Southwest FCU - Houston, TX
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Plano, TX - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Bilingual (Spanish) - Plano, TX - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Centre Park - Columbia, MD - Bank Of America - Columbia, MD
- Financial Center Lending Officer - 12 Mile/Halsted FC - Farmington Hills, MI - Bank Of America - Farmington Hills, MI
- Personal Banker II - Stonecrest (Charlotte area) - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC