NFIP Extended Into November
September 30, 2019
President Trump has signed a continuing resolution that extends the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) until Nov 21.
The program was set to expire today. Last week, the Senate voted 82-15 and the House voted 301-123 on the extension, which is the 13th consecutive temporary reprieve for the program.
National Association of Realtors (NAR) President John Smaby called on Congress to pass the NFIP Reauthorization Act, which includes a “five-year extension along with significant reforms to improve mapping, enhance mitigation and remove obstacles to private flood insurance. HR 3167 strikes a delicate balance between NFIP sustainability and affordability, and we urge both chambers of Congress to take up this legislation after its unanimous approval in the House Financial Services Committee.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Risk Model Development & Validation, Sr Associate (Financial Services) - PricewaterhouseCoopers - McLean, VA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I. - Fifth Third Bank - Garfield Heights, OH
- Financial Center Manager III - Fifth Third Bank - MARION, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - HOLLAND, MI
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - HOLLAND, MI
- Mortgage Processing Manager - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH