Mary O’Donnell Installed as New ALTA President
October 28, 2019
The American Land Title Association (ALTA), the national trade association of the land title insurance industry, has installed Mary O’Donnell as president for the 2019-2020 year.
O’Donnell is currently president and CEO of Westcor Title Insurance Co. in Maitland, Fla. For her term, ALTA listed several strategic priorities including working with federal agencies on housing finance policy reforms and broadening the industry’s visibility to a wider business audience.
“The coming year will be full of hurdles, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution,” O’Donnell said. “Real estate wire fraud and mortgage closing scams are ever-evolving and continue to keep our members on guard. This summer, ALTA founded the Coalition to Stop Real Estate Wire Fraud to educate consumers and legislators about the worrying extent of the growing problem; in the coming year, we will promote awareness, best practices and public policy to protect our customers’ funds that are transferred during real estate transactions. ALTA will work hard to develop industry principles for federal or state data privacy regulations and help our members understand the impact of any new data privacy laws. ALTA is also prepared to identify the benefits and risks associated with digital closings and collaborate with industry stakeholders to help adoption of this process. We have a lot of work to over the next year, and we’re ready to tackle it.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Wealth Management Lending Officer - Bank Of America - Houston, TX
- Sr. Lending Officer - Woodland Hills Area, CA - Bank Of America - Woodland Hills, CA
- Mortgage Underwriting Manager - band 5 - Bank Of America - Brea, CA
- Financial Center Loan Officer- West Paces Ferry - Bank Of America - Atlanta, GA
- Condo CoOp Project Review Specialist - Bank Of America - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - VENICE, FL