John R. Buran Re-Elected FHLBNY Chairman
November 22, 2019
The board of directors at the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (FHLBNY) has re-elected John R. Buran as chairman for a two-year term that will begin on New Year’s Day.
Buran, who is president and CEO of Flushing Financial Corp. and Flushing Bank in Queens, N.Y. He has served on the FHLBNY's board as a member director since Dec. 1, 2010. His first terms as board chairman began Jan. 1, 2018. Buran is also the past chairman and a current board member of the New York Bankers Association, and from 2011 to 2016 he was a member of the Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
"The FHLBNY is a vital partner for our 327 members, and this partnership plays an important role in improving housing opportunities and driving community development across New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands," said Buran. "I am honored to continue to serve as chairman of the board of the cooperative. I thank my fellow directors for their continued trust in me, and I thank both the board and management for their continuing contributions to ensure that the FHLBNY remains a reliable partner to our members and the communities we all serve."
FMJ Job Listings
- Vice President of Lending - Greater Iowa Credit Union - Ames, IA
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Troy,
- Loan Processor I - Guild Mortgage Company - Austin,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Austin,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,