Jim McDonald Named CMO of Planet Home Lending
April 29, 2020
Planet Home Lending has named Jim McDonald as chief marketing officer.
“Jim has a terrific combination of industry, technology, and digital marketing expertise acquired from positions in the mortgage industry and with well-known consumer brands, including Match.com and Verizon,” said Michael Dubeck, CEO and president of Planet Financial Group. “He’ll create modern, customer-focused marketing for our multiple business channels.”
Prior to joining Planet Home Lending, McDonald consulted on marketing strategies and SaaS products for companies inside and outside the mortgage industry. Before that, McDonald was the CMO at Pacific Union Financial, where he led the marketing and new customer acquisition teams. An industry veteran of more than 15 years, McDonald focuses primarily on branding, digital marketing, marketing automation, video, online reputation management, search engine optimization (SEO) and customer experience.
“I believe that product and marketing are at different ends of the same spectrum and the customer experience is the glue that holds them together,” McDonald said. “Planet has great products and services. It also has great leadership, passionate employees, and a strong business model, which makes my job of building the brand much easier. My primary objective is to tell the Planet story, via its great customer experience, to as many people as possible.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Birmingham,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Montgomery,
- Transaction Coordinator (Contract to Close) - Guild Mortgage Company - Liberty Hill,
- Member Product Support Specialist - Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago - Chicago, IL
- Mortgage Underwriting Manager - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Mortgage Processor III - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH