Ginnie Mae Sets MBS Issuance Record In April
May 11, 2020
Ginnie Mae has announced that issuance of its mortgage-backed securities (MBS) totaled $63.81 billion in April–an all-time record, providing financing for more than 246,000 homeowners and renters.
A breakdown of April issuance includes $61.04 billion of Ginnie Mae II MBS and $2.78 billion of Ginnie Mae I MBS, which includes $2.48 billion of loans for multifamily housing.
Ginnie Mae's total outstanding principal balance of $2.149 trillion is an increase from $2.062 trillion in April 2019.
“The Ginnie Mae MBS program produced nearly $64 billion in securities last month that financed housing for more than 246,000 families, illustrating the commitment of our staff and the flexibility of our program,” said Ginnie Mae Principal Executive Vice President Seth Appleton. “Housing finance is a key component of the nation’s economic well-being and Ginnie Mae is steadfast in our mission to ensure that money flows safely and consistently to communities across the United States, while minimizing risks to taxpayers.”
In March, Ginnie Mae announced that issuance of its MBS totaled $55.21 billion, providing financing for more than 211,000 homeowners and renters.
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Birmingham,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Montgomery,
- Transaction Coordinator (Contract to Close) - Guild Mortgage Company - Liberty Hill,
- Member Product Support Specialist - Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago - Chicago, IL
- Mortgage Underwriting Manager - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Mortgage Processor III - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH