GSEs Hire Big Bank Advisors To Hasten Exit From Conservatorship
June 16, 2020
Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have hired financial advisors to help recapitalize during their exits from conservatorship. Fannie Mae has chosen Morgan Stanley and Freddie Mac has chosen J.P. Morgan, according to separate announcements from each GSE.
Morgan Stanley will be responsible for working with Fannie Mae, the U.S. Treasury and the Federal Housing Finance Administration to consider business and capital structures, market impacts and timing, and available capital raising alternatives and more.
"As we continue to stand behind our partners and support homeowners and renters through today's challenges, we remain focused on ensuring our company is best-prepared to serve the market’s future needs," said Hugh R. Frater, Chief Executive Officer of Fannie Mae, according to a press release.
J.P. Morgan will provide similar counsel for Freddie Mac and help the company make its exit from conservatorship.
"We look forward to working with J.P. Morgan to continue meeting the milestones necessary to begin our new chapter as soon as possible," said David Brickman, Freddie Mac CEO according to a press release. "At the same time, our focus on supporting borrowers, renters and lenders in the face of COVID-19 is stronger than ever."
The respective hirings of financial advisors ends a month-long search as in late May, as both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac issued requests for proposals to secure financial advisors to facilitate their exit from conservatorship. Freddie Mac recently appointed Christian M. Lown executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Specialist - Mortgage Loan Assistant I - Self-Help Federal Credit Union - Sacramento, CA
- Mortgage Escrow Analyst II - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Area Sales Manager (ASM) I - Fifth Third Bank - Raleigh, NC
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I . Bonita Springs FL . Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - Bonita Springs, FL
- Financial Center Manager Associate-- Pinellas/Pasco/Hillsborough - Fifth Third Bank - Palm Harbor, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - South Nashville Bench - Fifth Third Bank - Fairview, TN