Christian M. Lown Joins Freddie Mac As CFO
June 4, 2020
Freddie Mac appointed Christian M. Lown executive vice president and chief financial officer, effective June 15, 2020. Lown was previously EVP and CFO at Navient Corporation. He succeeds Donald F. Kish, who served as Freddie Mac’s interim chief financial officer since December 2019. Kish will continue serving as senior vice president, corporate controller and principal accounting officer.
At Navient, Lown was responsible for the accounting, corporate development, financial planning and analysis, investor relations, procurement, treasury and vendor management functions. Prior to Navient in 2017, Lown was managing director of the Financial Institutions Group at Morgan Stanley, where he co-led the Global FinTech and North America Banks and Diversified Finance investment banking practices.
The addition of Lown as EVP and CFO is the latest by the GSE to facilitate the company’s exit from conservatorship. In February, the FHFA agreed to terms with Houlihan Lokey Capital Inc. to serve as its financial advisor during the process of ending the federal conservatorship of the GSEs.
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- VP, Production Support - JLL - Los Angeles, CA
- Mortgage Underwriter II - Fifth Third Bank - Virtual, NA
- Processor I - Fifth Third Bank - Rosemont, IL
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - Blue Ash, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I Akron / Canton Region - Fifth Third Bank - Akron, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Sylvania, OH