ALTA Outlines Principles For Remote Notarizations
June 30, 2020
The American Land Title Association (ALTA) developed principles for notarizations conducted remotely, outlining guidelines to give consumers digital technology options for notarizations that incorporate safeguards to reduce fraud and protect property rights of consumers. In addition, the principles state that any remote notarization must meet certain criteria to provide confidence in the transfer of real estate.
“The American Land Title Association and its members have been at the forefront in developing standards for digital closing options that have the appropriate safeguards and authentication process to protect consumers while ensuring the notarizations provide certainty and effective constructive notice under state law,” said Diane Tomb, ALTA’s chief executive officer. “Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the need for digital transactions and use of remote notarizations has increased. We believe our principles provide a strong foundation for the use of various types of remote notarizations going forward.”
Click here to view ALTA's Principles for Remote Notarization.
FMJ Job Listings
- Compliance Specialist - Tinker Federal Credit Union - Oklahoma City, OK
- Loan Processor II (WORK FROM HOME CAPABILITY) - Guild Mortgage Company - Lees Summit,
- Mortgage Loan Associate - First PREMIER Bank - Sioux Falls,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Vancouver,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Ennis,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - North Richland Hills,