ALTA Outlines Principles For Remote Notarizations
June 30, 2020
The American Land Title Association (ALTA) developed principles for notarizations conducted remotely, outlining guidelines to give consumers digital technology options for notarizations that incorporate safeguards to reduce fraud and protect property rights of consumers. In addition, the principles state that any remote notarization must meet certain criteria to provide confidence in the transfer of real estate.
“The American Land Title Association and its members have been at the forefront in developing standards for digital closing options that have the appropriate safeguards and authentication process to protect consumers while ensuring the notarizations provide certainty and effective constructive notice under state law,” said Diane Tomb, ALTA’s chief executive officer. “Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the need for digital transactions and use of remote notarizations has increased. We believe our principles provide a strong foundation for the use of various types of remote notarizations going forward.”
Click here to view ALTA's Principles for Remote Notarization.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Officer - Guild Mortgage Company LLC - Omaha,
- Loan Officer - Guild Mortgage Company LLC - Clive,
- Mortgage Loan Administrator - Durham Staffing Solutions - Omaha,
- Mortgage Loan Closer - Security National Bank of Omaha - Omaha,
- Credit Risk Analyst II - Security National Bank of Omaha - Omaha,
- Direct Endorsement Underwriter - BMO Harris Bank - Naperville, IL