Skip to main content

Fitch Rates EFMT Certificates Backed by Non-QM Loans From LendSure, AHL

David Krechevsky
Feb 01, 2023
Fitch Ratings

The certificates are supported by 796 loans with a balance of $330.37 million.

Fitch Ratings said Tuesday it expects to rate residential mortgage-backed certificates to be issued by EFMT 2023-1, Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates, Series 2023-1 (EFMT 2023-1). The certificates are secured by non-qualified mortgages (Non-QM) originated primarily by LendSure Mortgage Corp. and American Heritage Lending.

The certificates are supported by 796 loans with a balance of $330.37 million as of the cutoff date. This will be the eighth EFMT rated by Fitch and the first EFMT transaction in 2023.

The certificates are secured mainly by Non-QM loans as defined by the Ability to Repay (ATR) rule. Approximately 48.8% of the loans were originated by LendSure, a joint venture between LendSure Financial Services Inc. and Ellington Financial Inc. Approximately 23.8% of the loans were originated by American Heritage Lending. The remaining 27.4% were originated by other third-party originators that contributed no more than 10% each to the pool.

Fitch said it expects to assign the ratings as follows:

  • A-1: AAA (sf)
  • A-2: AA (sf)
  • A-3: A (sf)
  • M-1: BBB (sf)
  • B-1: BB (sf)
  • B-2: B (sf)
  • B-3, A-IO-S, X, R: Not rated.

Of the pool, 57.75% of the loans are designated as Non-QM; the remaining 42.25% are investment properties not subject to the ATR rule. Rushmore Loan Management Services LLC will be the servicer and Nationstar Mortgage LLC will be the master servicer for the transaction.

Collateral consists of 30-year fully amortizing loans (71.34%); 40-year fully amortizing loans with a 10-year IO period (25.91%); 30-year fully amortizing loans with a 10-year IO period (2.46%); 30-year fully amortizing ARM loans (0.16%); and 25-year fully amortizing loans (0.12%). 

The vast majority of the pool is composed of fixed-rate loans at 99.84%; the remaining 0.16% are adjustable-rate mortgage loans based off of one-year LIBOR. The pool is seasoned at about seven months in aggregate, as determined by Fitch (five months per the transaction documents). 

To read the full report, visit

Feb 01, 2023
More from
Non-QM Lender Arc Home Hires Former Sprout President

Shea Pallante, who told Sprout employees the company was closing via a conference call last July, is Arc's new chief production officer.

Mar 20, 2023
Deephaven Names New Western RVP, Wholesale Sales

Industry veteran Patrick Creek to help boost Non-QM sales in Texas and points west.

Mar 20, 2023
Impac Mortgage Goes Broker

Says drastic changes, including winding down its TPO channel, are intended to help it 'navigate current market conditions.'

Mar 09, 2023
Newfi Wholesale Appoints New SVP, West Coast Sales

Calif.-based lender praises his experience & track record in Non-QM.

Mar 07, 2023
Ellington Financial Ends 2022 On Strong Note

Completes 8th Non-QM securitization as company rebounds to a profit in Q4.

Mar 03, 2023
LBC Mortgage Now Offering Non-QM, DSCR Loans

LA-based lender says Non-QM loans available only in California; DSCR program available in 38 states.

Mar 03, 2023