Statement by Sen. Bachus on Senate amendments to HR 3221, American Housing Rescue and Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008
Mortgage job losses leveling off?MortgagePress.comU.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, mortgage industry employment, Mortgage Bankers Association
According to a recent U.S. Bureau
of Labor Statistics report, mortgage industry employment
appeared to stabilize, standing at 364,100 in February and edging
down from 364,800 in January. Mortgage activity, such as refinances
and loan workouts, has kept the Mortgage Broker/banker industries
busy, cutting the loss of jobs to approximately 700.
"Job losses seem to be stabilizing," said Orawin Velz, senior
director of economic forecasting for the Mortgage Bankers Association. "That
is good news for us."
Industry experts continue to predict further declines in
employment before the economy begins to turn out of the recession.
Velz predicts that refinancing activity will keep the origination
numbers strong throughout the first quarter, but will slow in the
second quarter as the economic stimulus package takes effect.
For more information, visit www.bls.gov.
FMJ Job Listings
- Risk & Regulatory: Model Risk Validation Manager - PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - Lockport, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Personal Banker Associate 1 - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker I - Wicker Park - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL
- Retail Referring PB II - Mature - Fifth Third Bank - OAKLAND CITY, IL