MBA Forecasts Strong Commercial Mortgage Market for 2019
January 8, 2019
Commercial and multifamily mortgage originators are forecasting another strong year for lending, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association's (MBA) 2019 Commercial Real Estate Finance Outlook Survey.
The trade group reported that 55 percent of the leading commercial/multifamily firms expect originations to increase this year, with 13 percent predicting an overall increase of five percent or more across the entire market. When forecasting just their own firm's originations, 38 percent expected to see an increase of five percent or more in 2019.
Furthermore, the MBA survey found 88 percent of originators reported that borrowers had "strong" or "very strong" appetites to take out new loans last year, while 78 percent expect borrowers' appetites this year to be "strong" or "very strong."
"Mortgage Bankers look to 2019 as another strong year for the commercial and multifamily mortgage markets," said MBA Vice President for Research and Economics Jamie Woodwell. "The majority of top firms expect that strong appetites from both lenders and borrowers will drive commercial mortgage originations higher."
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - PALM HARBOR, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - WOODHAVEN, MI
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Augusta area, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Augusta, GA
- Financial Center Manager Associate. - Fifth Third Bank - CARMEL, IN
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Gurnee - Fifth Third Bank - GURNEE, IL
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Atlanta area, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Atlanta, GA