NYC's Iconic Chrysler Building Up for Sale
January 9, 2019
One of the most famous landmarks of the New York City skyline is now on the market.
CNN is reporting that the buildings’ owners, the real estate firm Tishman Speyer and the Abu Dhabi investment fund Mubadala, have hired CBRE Group to sell the property. The current owners acquired the Art Deco structure in 2008, prior to the Great Recession and the plummet in New York’s real estate commercial property market.
"Clearly, it's an iconic building with tremendous reputational value for the right buyer," said Brian Lott, spokesperson for Mubadala
The 77-floor Chrysler Building was completed in 1930 and held the title as the tallest building in the world until the nearby Empire State Building opened one year later. The Chrysler Building was headquarters of the automobile manufacturer until 1953, although it was named for and owned by the company’s chief executive Walter Chrysler.
FMJ Job Listings
- Underwriter - CBRE - Newport Beach, CA
- Senior Vice President, Marketing - Alaska USA Federal Credit Union - Anchorage, AK
- VAS - Vice President - CBRE - Boise, ID
- Underwriter - CBRE - Oak Brook, IL
- External Mortgage Loan Officer - Anheuser-Busch Employees' Credit Union - St. Louis, MO
- Chief Lending Officer - Credit Union of Georgia - Woodstock, GA