The Best State Capital to Live In Is …
February 19, 2019
WalletHub’s 2019 edition of its Best State Capital to Live In list awarded top honors to Austin, Texas, while 50th place went to Baton Rouge, La.
For its data analysis, WalletHub number crunched statistics ranging from the local housing market and property taxes to demographic trends and public safety. Austin ranked highest in the “economic well-being” category, ranked fourth in both “quality of education and health” and “quality of life” and 12th in “affordability.”
Among the state capitals, Juneau, Alaska, has the highest median household income at $67,723 with Hartford, Conn., recording the lowest at $28,343. Hartford’s 30 percent poverty level was also the most severe among the state capitals, with Juneau recording the lowest poverty level.
Montpelier, Vt., scored the lowest unemployment rate (1.7 percent), the highest share of adults 25 years and older with at least a bachelor’s degree (58.2 percent) and the lowest violent-crime rate per 1,000 residents (2.14 percent). Jefferson, Mo., had the greatest affordable housing opportunities, while Honolulu and Boston tied for having the least affordable housing options.
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Jackson,
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Savannah,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Morgan Hill,
- Loan Processor II (REMOTE) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,