Mortgage Rates Continue to Fall
February 21, 2019
Mortgage rates plummeted for the third consecutive week, according to new data from Freddie Mac.
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.35 percent for the week ending Feb. 21, down from last week when it averaged 4.37 percent. The 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.78 percent, down from last week when it averaged 3.81 percent. And the five-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.84 percent, down from last week when it averaged 3.88 percent.
Nonetheless, Freddie Mac Chief Economist Sam Khater was optimistic, nothing that “wages are growing on par with home prices for the first time in years, and with more inventory available, spring home sales should help the market begin to recover from the malaise of the last few months.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Roswell, GA
- Preferred Relationship Manager - Downtown Chicago - Fifth Third Bank - NAPERVILLE, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Commerce Place - Fifth Third Bank - LA GRANGE PARK, IN
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - Michigan City, IN
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - CLEARWATER, FL