The Best Month for Home Selling Is …
February 21, 2019
Homeowners seeking the greatest profits on the sale of their homes should consider listing the property in the first two weeks of May, according to a new data analysis by Zillow.
The new data analysis also concluded that May was the best month for the biggest sales premium in 19 of the nation’s 35 largest metros. Zillow added that during the first two weeks of the month, homes sell for a $1,600 premium, and six days faster.
However, this formula does not always bring in the big bucks. Minneapolis recorded the biggest premium—homes listed in the first half of May sold for a 1.8 percent premium, or an extra $4,900 on the sale—while sellers in Austin and Miami only culled a 0.5 percent premium, or about $1,400.
"Sellers time their listings to optimize their sale in all sorts of ways," said Skylar Olsen, Zillow Director of Economic Research and Outreach. "Some need to time the sale just right to manage their own synchronized home purchase. Others are seeking to get the highest sale price possible. Balancing these two common priorities suggests that an early May listing date is your best bet, but working with an agent who can weigh the local market and your unique priorities is still our lasting advice."
FMJ Job Listings
- Private Banking Sr. Client Service Assoc. - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL
- Financial Center Manager - Atlanta, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Alpharetta, GA
- Retail Personal Banker II - Mature - Elgin - Fifth Third Bank - SOUTH ELGIN, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - West Bloomfield, MI
- Financial Center Manager Associate - North Shore - Fifth Third Bank - Northbrook, IL
- Retail Personal Banker II - Mature - Elmhurst - Fifth Third Bank - ELMHURST, IL