CMBS Delinquency Rate Crashes Below Three Percent Threshold
March 4, 2019
The commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) delinquency rate published by Trepp LLC broke through the three percent threshold in February, dropping from 3.11 percent February to 2.87 percent for a new post-recession low. One year ago, the delinquency rate was 4.51 percent.
February marked the 18th out of the last 20 months when the CMBS delinquency rate was has been dropping. The peak for the rate was 10.34 percent in July 2012.
During February, Trepp named the lodging sector as the best performing property type, with a delinquency rate that fell four basis points to 1.49 percent. The retail sector was named the worst performing property type, with a delinquency rate that fell 15 basis points to 4.77 percent. However, Trepp also said the retail sector’s delinquency rate has been improving over the last five months.
FMJ Job Listings
- Assistant Vice President of Mortgage Services - SAFE Federal Credit Union - sumter, SC
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - EUCLID, OH
- Mortgage Closer I - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Nashville, TN
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - LOUISVILLE, KY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate i - Fifth Third Bank - Fort Lauderdale, FL