Redwood Trust Completes 5 Arches Acquisition
March 6, 2019
Redwood Trust Inc. has announced the completion of its acquisition of 5 Arches LLC, an originator of business-purpose residential mortgage loans for the single-family rental, multifamily bridge and fix-and-flip residential real estate markets.
Consideration for the transaction was $50 million, which was payable through a combination of cash and Redwood common stock; the transaction was also inclusive of the $10 million in cash paid in May 2018 by Redwood Trust to purchase a 20 percent minority interest in the company. The New York City-based 5 Arches and 95-person staff will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Redwood, which is headquartered in Mill Valley, Calif.
“We are pleased to have completed the acquisition of 5 Arches,” said Christopher J. Abate, CEO at Redwood. “Our measured, incremental approach to this transaction allowed us to add a highly accretive and scalable platform while helping to ensure that the integration is a success for stakeholders of both Redwood and 5 Arches. We welcome the 5 Arches team and look forward to the opportunities that the combination affords.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - KALAMAZOO, MI
- Retail Personal Banker associate I - Fifth Third Bank - NORTON SHORES, MI
- Post Closing Correction Specialist I - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker II - Freeport - Fifth Third Bank - Freeport, IL
- Retail Personal Banker II - Lake Zurich - Fifth Third Bank - Lakeland, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN