Redwood Trust Completes 5 Arches Acquisition
March 6, 2019
Redwood Trust Inc. has announced the completion of its acquisition of 5 Arches LLC, an originator of business-purpose residential mortgage loans for the single-family rental, multifamily bridge and fix-and-flip residential real estate markets.
Consideration for the transaction was $50 million, which was payable through a combination of cash and Redwood common stock; the transaction was also inclusive of the $10 million in cash paid in May 2018 by Redwood Trust to purchase a 20 percent minority interest in the company. The New York City-based 5 Arches and 95-person staff will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Redwood, which is headquartered in Mill Valley, Calif.
“We are pleased to have completed the acquisition of 5 Arches,” said Christopher J. Abate, CEO at Redwood. “Our measured, incremental approach to this transaction allowed us to add a highly accretive and scalable platform while helping to ensure that the integration is a success for stakeholders of both Redwood and 5 Arches. We welcome the 5 Arches team and look forward to the opportunities that the combination affords.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Residential Mortgage Loan Post Closer Coordinator Kansas Farm Bureau | Manhattan, KS - Undisclosed - MANHATTAN, KS
- Retail Personal Banker II - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Transaction Coordinator (Contract to Close) - Guild Mortgage Company - Plano,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Hudson Oaks,
- Transaction Coordinator (Lead to Contract) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Antonio,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,