Intercontinental Exchange Completes Ellie Mae Acquisition
“We are excited to begin the next important chapter in our journey to digitize the residential mortgage industry,” said Jeffrey C. Sprecher, founder, chairman and CEO of Intercontinental Exchange. “Ellie Mae’s industry leadership … will better enable us to further accelerate the automation of the mortgage origination workflow, which will benefit stakeholders across the production chain, including consumers.”
Ellie Mae was founded in 1997 with a mission to automate and digitize the trillion-dollar residential mortgage industry. Through its digital lending platform, Ellie Mae provides technology services to all participants in the mortgage supply chain, including its over 3,000 customers and thousands of partners and investors participating on their open network who provide liquidity to the market. Lenders rely on Ellie Mae to manage and facilitate the exchange of data across the ecosystem to enable the origination of mortgages, while maintaining strict adherence to various local, state and federal compliance requirements.
Intercontinental Exchange’s efforts to help automate the mortgage workflow began with its majority investment in the Mortgage Electronic Registrations System (MERS) in 2016, which it fully acquired in 2018. The strategy continued with the acquisition of Simplifile in 2019, furthering a focus on digitizing the closing and post-closing process for U.S. mortgages.
The core focus of Ellie Mae's technology, expertise and network is in the mortgage origination process, connecting brokers, underwriters and lenders. With all three of these entities, MERS, Simplifile and Ellie Mae working together as part of ICE Mortgage Technology, the expanded platform will, for the first time, bring together all of the key stakeholders from origination to final settlement in one digital mortgage ecosystem.
Key Third Quarter 2020 Financial Metrics:
Based on a closing date of Sept. 4, 2020 and an allocation to ICE based on the number of business days following completion, ICE currently expects the Ellie Mae transaction to contribute the following to its third-quarter 2020 results:
- Revenue of $67 million to $72 million
- Adjusted operating expense1 of $34 million to $36 million
- Interest expense of $11 million to $12 million
- Approximately 5 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding, which are expected to result in total weighed average diluted shares outstanding of 551 million to 554 million in the third quarter of 2020.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Officer - Guild Mortgage Company LLC - Mount Vernon,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company LLC - North Richland Hills,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company LLC - Bellevue,
- Mortgage Underwriter (Government Loan Adminstrator) - Centris Federal Credit Union - Omaha,
- Mortgage Loan Officer- Consumer Direct Sales - FNBO - Omaha,
- Loan Officer - Guild Mortgage Company LLC - Vernal,