New Course Focuses on Manufactured Housing Valuations
March 7, 2019
Freddie Mac and the Appraisal Institute have teamed up to offer courses for real estate appraisers tasked with manufactured housing valuation assignments for Freddie Mac’s CHOICEHome program, which offers conventional mortgage financing for factory-built homes.
Freddie Mac and the Appraisal Institute will offer more than 60 classroom presentations in nearly 30 states between April and November, and online classes also will be available. Tuition is $125 and the course runs 7.5 hours.
“Outreach to Freddie Mac customers and the manufactured housing market indicated that there was a real opportunity to improve appraisers’ skill and knowledge in valuing manufactured homes,” said Freddie Mac Chief Appraiser and Director of Single-Family Valuation Scott Reuter. “Our partnership with the Appraisal Institute will meet a crucial need in the real estate industry with the current manufactured housing stock, as well as address the practical aspects of appraising a new class of manufactured homes.”
“We’re excited to work with Freddie Mac on this important and much needed venture,” said Appraisal Institute President Stephen S. Wagner. “Our education is recognized as being second to none, and we look forward to enhancing the skills of appraisers across the country.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker II - Mature - Fifth Third Bank - Romeoville, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Countryway - Fifth Third Bank - Tampa, FL
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - LANSING, MI
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I. - Fifth Third Bank - Effingham, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II-BENCH - Fifth Third Bank - CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MI
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II (SALES) - Fifth Third Bank - TOLEDO, OH